The Business Improvement Method (BIM) a.k.a. The Method
The Z model for behaviour improvement underpins The Business Improvement Method. The Method is a framework of practical tools and job aids that help improvement leaders define, design and deliver.
The Method has the flexibility to be applied to large-scale business wide improvement efforts as well as more contained local attempts to improve performance. The principles are the same; the depth and rigour will vary. It can be readily mapped or integrated into existing project management methods and may overlap with these to some extent.
Whilst the materials contained in The Method are way in excess of what any individual improvement may require, they are also inadequate. Each improvement, although predictable to an extent will require additional concepts and practical aids, as well as some unique interventions to successfully deliver.
The key benefits of application of The Method will be:
- Increased rigour in deciding whether or not to pursue an improvement opportunity – less opportunities pursued with more purpose.
- Reduced waste of time, resources and money on low value/ high cost improvements.
- A focus on behaviour improvement right from the early phases – behaviour improvement is the critical, often overlooked, component for success.
- Clear understanding and tracking of the benefits that define the improvement.
- An increase in internal organisational capacity to improve.
OrgZoo is an education, method and consulting support service for large organisations who must implement improvements. We focus primarily on defining, designing and delivering the behavioural modifications required from people to realise benefit from the improvement effort. Then we provide the practical tools to help leaders navigate the improvement journey.